- Single component sealant for sealing cove joints (gap where basement wall meets floor).
- Provides a radon resistant and air tight seal. Seals against soil gases, including radon, improving indoor air quality.
- Also used to adhere EmeSeal Crawl Space System vapor barriers to walls.
- Available in cases of 12 single tubes. Use with a standard caulk gun.
Emecole Metro RadonShield G2
Contractor Pricing & Purchasing
Contractors may purchase this product via EmecoleShop.com, our contractor exclusive website (requires an EmecoleShop.com Contractor Account). For questions or to purchase by phone, call 815-372-2493.
Inhibits Soil Gas Entry Through Cove Joints
One of the most common points of entry for soil gases, including radon, is through the cove joint, where the poured concrete slab meets the poured wall. Most often the cove is anything but air tight, with gaps existing as much as a 1/4-inch.
RadonShield is a rapid cured sealant for filling cove joints. It is easy to apply and forms a seal that stops entry. In addition to sealing cove joints, we recommend applying basement walls and floors with EmeSealCrete to further stop the infiltration of soil gases.
Adheres Wall Liner to Concrete for Crawl Space Encapsulations
RadonShield is also used to seal the top of a completed crawl space encapsulation with the EmeSeal System. It is specifically formulated to adhere our selection of wall liners with concrete.
During installation, a bead of RadonShield is applied around the perimeter of the system, about an inch or so from the top of the liner. Its durable adhesion results in an airtight seal that further inhibits soil gas entry.
- VOC free.
- Inhibits soil gas infiltration.
- Designed to adhere to damp or dry surfaces.
- Excellent UV resistance.
- Can be applied on interior and exterior surfaces.
- Bonds baseboard drainage systems and vapor barriers to concrete.
Provide a Proven Radon Resistant, Air Tight Solution
Learn more about RadonShield Sealant and how such premium soil gas and radon protection solutions can help grow your business.
Getting in touch with our team of concrete experts is only a couple of clicks or a phone call away.