- Single component sealant for adhering liners to crawl space walls.
- Provides excellent adhesion to concrete and liner material and will never dry out. Crawl space liners stay permanently on walls, resulting in fewer call backs.
- Providing a radon resistant and air tight seal. Seals against soil gases, including radon, improving indoor air quality.
- Aluminized side diffuses soil gases, including radon, and reflects heat back into crawl spaces and basements to help reduce energy costs.
- Also commonly used to seal the cove joints (gap where the wall meets the floor).
- Available in cases of 12 single tubes. Use with a standard caulk gun.
Emecole Metro RadonShield
Contractor Pricing & Purchasing
Contractors may purchase this product via EmecoleShop.com, our contractor exclusive website (requires an EmecoleShop.com Contractor Account). For questions or to purchase by phone, call 815-372-2493.
Create a Radon Resistant and Air Tight Seal
RadonShield Sealant provides a radon resistant, air tight seal in basements and crawl spaces.
Many “off the shelf” caulks will work for a limited period of time. However, over time they dry out and break their bond with the surfaces they are supposed to be adhered to. Therefore, they’re rendered useless. RadonShield is specially formulated to be applied in both dry and damp conditions. It remains flexible, never dries out and has excellent adhesion to concrete and our crawl space liners.
Basement: One of the most common points of entry for dangerous soil gases (like radon) is through the gap where the basement floor meets the foundation wall (called a cove joint). If you look closely, you will see as much as a 1/4″ gap where the two meet. Usually, cove joints are anything but air tight. Radonshield is the perfect solution to sealing a cove joint. It is easy to apply and forms a seal that stops infiltration. In addition to sealing the cove joint, we recommend sealing the walls and floors with EmeSealCrete Penetrating Concrete Sealer to further stop radon/soil gas infiltration.
Crawl space: RadonShield is used in our EmeSeal Crawl Space Sealing System to adhere one of our liners to the wall and seal the top of the system. Run a bead around the perimeter of the system about an inch or so from the top of the liner. RadonShield is specifically formulated to stick to the materials in our liner and concrete.
- RadonShield Sealant
- Prop 65 Warning (California)
Provide Your Customers with a Dry and Healthy Crawl Space Environment
The Emecole Metro team would love to learn more about your upcoming project and help you select the right liner and components for the job.
Our crawl space encapsulation experts are just a couple of clicks or phone call away.