For cracks in concrete floors and slabs, the use of Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane will provide a properly filled and strong crack repair. In circumstances where such cracks are susceptible to excess movement or freeze/thaw cycles, the possibility exists in which newly formed cracks may develop within the same area.
- Eighteen (18) 1/8″ x 11 single-tow Carbon Fiber Stitching Dogs
- Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane – Choice of cartridge type
- Three (3) universal cartridges – use with a standard caulk gun (not included)
- One (1) dual cartridge – use with a Manual Dispensing Gun (not included, available separately)
- Three (3) 3/16″ x 48 Static Mixing Nozzles and one (1) retaining nut
- Mixer Needle Tips
- Cross-over restrictors
- Also included are rubber gloves, safety glasses and written instructions
Additional Components Required (Not Included)
- Standard caulk gun – for dispensing of Emecole Metro 555 packaged in universal cartridges
- Manual Dispensing Gun – for dispensing of Emecole Metro 555 packaged in dual cartridges. Available for individual purchase. It is also included with the Emecole Metro Large-Sized Slab Crack Repair Kit.
- Right angle grinder and Diamond tuck pointing/crack chasing blade *
* Used to create 12″ long deep saw cuts perpendicular to the repaired crack (with each cut about one to two feet apart, creating what will resemble a plus sign). Right angle grinders and Diamond blades may be purchased at your local hardware store (some stores also rent out right angle grinders).
Reinforce Concrete Slab Crack Repairs with Carbon Fiber
The added use of Carbon Fiber Stitching Dogs, available as part of the Emecole Metro Carbon Fiber Stitching Dogs Accessory Kit, provides the additional reinforcement necessary to protect repaired cracks and surfaces against further slab movement and re-cracking. Emecole Metro’s single-tow Stitching Dogs are pultruded carbon fiber reinforced polymer rods designed specifically for providing the necessary structural reinforcement. Stitching Dogs are inserted into grooves cut into the concrete surface, and bonded with Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane. Each single-tow Stitching Dog adds up to 1300psi tensile strength.
The Accessory Kit includes the needed components to ensure the proper installation of Carbon Fiber Stitching Dogs, which is recommended to be completed following the initial repair of the crack via the Emceole Metro Slab Crack Repair Kit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this product be used in the middle of winter or when the temperature outside is below freezing? What is the coldest (or warmest) temperature your product will work in?
The ideal temperature for the use of the materials packaged in this kit is between 40 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Assuming that the basement or garage is heated, any outside temperature should not impact the performance of the chemicals during the repair process. The only caveat is that chemicals should not be stored in freezing temperatures.