The Emecole Metro Small-Sized Slab Crack Repair Kit with UV Stabilization is intended for repairing cracked or spalled horizontal concrete surfaces in outdoor environments that are exposed to UV rays. Common applications for use of this kit include driveways, patios, sidewalks and pool decks. The small-sized kit comes with all the components to complete the job, including our advanced Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane, Emecole 85-90 Concrete Crack Filler and Sealer, and the necessary dispensing accessories to repair up to approximately 20 feet based on a 1/4″ x 1/4″ chased crack.
- One (1) universal cartridge of Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Polyurethane dispensing material
- Two (2) universal cartridges of Emecole Metro 85-90 Concrete Crack Filler & Sealer
- Two (2) 3/16″ x 48 Static Mixing Nozzles, two (2) Mixer Needle Tips and one (1) white restrictor – for use with Emecole Metro 555
- Two (2) 3/8″ x 30 Static Mixing Nozzles and two (2) white restrictors – for use with Emecole Metro 85-90
- Three (3) retaining nuts (reusable – for use with both Emecole Metro 555 and Emecole Metro 85-90)
- Also included are rubber gloves, safety glasses and written instructions
Optional Add-On Component
- Filler Sand (4 lb. bag) – one bag of sand recommended with use of this kit, for 1/4″ 1/4″ chased cracks
Additional Components Required (Not Included)
- Standard caulk gun (for dispensing of universal cartridge materials included with this kit)
- Right angle grinder and Diamond tuck pointing/crack chasing blade *
* For hairline cracks that require chasing/opening, homeowners may use a right angle grinder along with a 4″ diameter, 1/4″ wide Diamond blade (otherwise known as tuck point or crack chasing blade). Right angle grinders and Diamond blades may be purchased at your local hardware store (some stores also rent out right angle grinders).
Repair & Strengthen Cracks in Concrete Slabs
As a very low viscosity water-like polyurethane material, Emecole Metro 555 has the capabilities of penetrating deep into cracks. Emecole Metro 555 may also be used with Filler Sand (pure, wash and dried silica sand – available as optional add-on purchase with this kit), which allows for the application to use less material, while also strengthening the overall repair. The high bonding strength of Emecole Metro 555 fuses concrete back together, providing a strong crack repair that is completely filled from top to bottom with a cured tensile strength of 4000 PSI.
Protect Repaired Cracks from UV Exposure
The added component of Emecole Metro 85-90 provides UV protection to ensure that repaired cracks do not change color over time after being exposed to UV rays. Emecole 85-90 cures to a flexible, hard rubber like material. Its gray color matches most concrete surfaces, providing a clean finished look to the overall repair.
Protecting Repaired Slab Surfaces Against Excess Movement and Stress
When additional strength is needed to protect repaired cracks and the surrounding area of the slab from excess ground movement and freeze/thaw cycles, rely upon the Emecole Metro Carbon Fiber Stitching Dog Accessory Kit. Includes 18 single-tow Stitching Dogs, with installation accessories, which provides the reinforcement strength necessary to protect against the formation of new cracks or that previously repaired cracks do not re-open.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do universal cartridges still contain Part A and a Part B materials?
Yes, the universal cartridges of packaged chemicals included this kit contains both Part A and Part B materials. Our universal cartridge is engineered to separate the two component materials horizontally. The two components properly are first mixed upon dispensing from the cartridge.
Can these products be used in the middle of winter or when the temperature outside is below freezing? What is the coldest (or warmest) temperature your product will work in?
The ideal temperature for the use of the materials packaged in this kit is between 40 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Packaged chemicals should not be stored in freezing temperatures.