The Emecole Metro Small-Sized Slab Crack Repair Kit is intended for repairing cracked or spalled horizontal concrete surfaces, with the most common applications being basement floors and garage floors. The small-sized kit comes with all the components to complete the job, including our advanced Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane and the necessary dispensing accessories to repair up to approximately 40 to 100 feet based on a 1/4″ x 1/4″ chased crack. Repairs can be completed with a standard caulk gun.
- DIY Products Online Store
- DIY Basement Floor, Driveway and Patio Repairs
- Emecole Metro Small-Sized Slab Crack Repair Kit
Emecole Metro Small-Sized Slab Crack Repair Kit
$111.00 – $132.00
- Two (2) universal cartridges of Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Polyurethane dispensing material – inject using a standard caulk gun
- Three (3) 3/16″ x 48 Static Mixing Nozzles and two (2) retaining nuts
- Three (3) Mixer Needle Tips
- Two (2) cartridge cross-over restrictors
- Also included are rubber gloves, safety glasses and written instructions
Optional Add-On Component
- Filler Sand (4 lb. bag) – Available as an optional add-on purchase with this kit
One bag of sand recommended with use of this kit, for 1/4″ 1/4″ chased cracks; two bags recommended for wider cracks
Additional Components Required (Not Included)
- Standard caulk gun (for dispensing of Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane)
- Right angle grinder and Diamond tuck pointing/crack chasing blade *
* For hairline cracks that require chasing/opening, homeowners may use a right angle grinder along with a 4″ diameter, 1/4″ wide Diamond blade (otherwise known as tuck point or crack chasing blade). Right angle grinders and Diamond blades may be purchased at your local hardware store (some stores also rent out right angle grinders).
Fill and Strengthen Basement and Garage Floor Cracks
As a very low viscosity water-like polyurethane material, Emecole Metro 555 has the capabilities of penetrating deep into cracks. Emecole Metro 555 may also be used with Filler Sand (pure, wash and dried silica sand – may be purchased with kit), which allows for the application to use less material, while also strengthening the overall repair. The high bonding strength of Emecole Metro 555 fuses concrete back together, providing a strong crack repair that is completely filled from top to bottom with a cured tensile strength of 4000 PSI.
The fast cure time of Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane minimizes downtime since the repaired area can be put back into service within 60 minutes of use. The repaired surface also allows for same day overlays.
The filling and repair of cracks in garage and basement and garage floors is a proactive measure to help stop against the entry of water (though additional drain tile measures may be needed for complete waterproofing peace of mind) and soil gases, such as radon. By minimizing the entry of water and soil gases, homeowners are taking an important proactive measure towards the growth of mold, musty smells and other issues associated with poor air quality. With at least half of the air circulating throughout the home having originated from below-grade, maintaining a dry and healthy basement is a critical step towards a healthier whole home environment.
Protecting Repaired Slab Surfaces Against Excess Movement and Stress
When additional strength is needed to protect repaired cracks and the surrounding area of the slab from excess ground movement and freeze/thaw cycles, rely upon the Emecole Metro Carbon Fiber Stitching Dog Accessory Kit. Includes 18 single-tow Stitching Dogs, with installation accessories, which provides the reinforcement strength necessary to protect against the formation of new cracks or that previously repaired cracks do not re-open.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do universal cartridges still contain Part A and a Part B materials?
Yes, Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane, packaged in universal cartridges for this kit, contains both Part A and Part B materials. Our universal cartridge is engineered to separate the two component materials horizontally. The two components properly are first mixed upon dispensing from the cartridge.
Can this product be used in the middle of winter or when the temperature outside is below freezing? What is the coldest (or warmest) temperature your product will work in?
The ideal temperature for the use of the materials packaged in this kit is between 40 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Assuming that the basement or garage is heated, any outside temperature should not impact the performance of the chemicals during the repair process. The only caveat is that chemicals should not be stored in freezing temperatures.
Emecole Metro 555 Concrete Crack Repair Hybrid Polyurethane