Repair typical basement wall cracks that pose no structural threat to the foundation. Using the proven crack injection process, this fully equipped kit includes all the components needed to repair approximately 10 feet of cracks in poured concrete. No special skills are required – simply follow the step-by-step instructions (refer to the written and video instructions further below).
This kit features Emecole Metro 102 Premium Polyurethane, our most advanced polyurethane that we have been manufacturing and supplying for over 30 years. Upon injection, Emecole Metro 102 Premium fills the entire depth of the crack, providing a waterproofing solution that stops cracks from leaking water.
Such common non-structural cracks develop as a result of shrinkage in the concrete, which can begin as soon as 28 days following the pouring of a foundation. These cracks are usually hairline thin to a 1/8” wide. They are normally vertical or slightly diagonal, and it isn’t uncommon for them to form around basement windows. While they are a nuisance by allowing in water, the structural integrity of the foundation is not compromised. For cracks that do pose a structural risk to the foundation, we recommend using our 10 ft. Epoxy Injection Kit.
The high expansion capabilities of Emecole Metro 102 Premium make it the most user-friendly injection option for repairing such common cracks. Upon reacting with water, it expands up to 20 times its original state of volume. This expansion ensures that cracks are filled from front-to-back and bottom-to-top. The hydrophobic characteristics of Emecole Metro 102 Premium ensure it will not shrink or deteriorate over time. The end result is a flexible and watertight repair that helps maintain a dry and healthy basement environment.
- Inject using your own standard caulk gun.
- No digging or drilling. Inject directly into cracks from inside of the basement.
- Our premium polyurethane accommodates crack widths from hairline thin to 1/4″ wide.
- Injected polyurethane does not shrink or deteriorate over time.
- The low pressure crack injection process was pioneered by our company. This proven repair process has been used by contractors and homeowners to successfully repair cracks for more than 30 years.
- As the manufacturer and supplier, our product is supported by our in-house team of basement crack repair experts, from our production staff to our technical support specialists.